As of 23 October, the Church is now open (Tuesday to Sunday 8am to 4pm). Cronulla Church is now limited to 200 worshippers under the 4sqm COVID-19 rules
Schedule of Masses
Saturday: 5pm Vigil (Cronulla)
Sunday at Cronulla: 8am, 10am, 6pm
Sunday at Bundeena: 9am
Weekday Masses: Tuesday to Saturday at 8am
Eucharistic Adoration: 4pm to 5pm on Sunday at Cronulla
First Friday Eucharistic Adoration: 3pm to 7pm
Masses at St Aloysius Church are LIVESTREAMED at 8am (Tuesday to Saturday) and at 5pm Saturday, Sunday at 8am and 6pm.
Cronulla Church Roof Repair Campaign Video 2020.
As of 20th September, $43,000 has already been raised of the $50,000 for the project in stage 1 of repairs. Stage 2 of roof repairs are about to begin which will cost a further $30,000. Please contact the Parish Office to contribute or click through to contribute via the online portal and choose roof repair as the descriptor.
Directives for Churches and Liturgies
for the Archdiocese of Sydney
under current COVIDSafe restrictions
from 24 July 2020
From Friday 24 July 2020:
- churches in the Archdiocese of Sydney shall be reopened and Sunday Masses will be resumed
- the maximum number of people allowed in the church shall be determined by ‘the four square metre rule’ and an absolute maximum of 100 people.
- contact details of all those entering the church (name and phone number or email address of one adult in each family) must be recorded by marking your name on the register at the door.
- current spatial distancing directions (people are asked to keep least 1½m from each other) and hygiene directions (including hand sanitizing and regularly disinfecting the church) must be observed; attendees are to sit only in marked places, to queue at a distance from others, and to take care when coughing or sneezing
- congregational singing is still suspended
- Reception of Holy Communion in the Ordinary Form in Australia is normally received in the hand under the form of the Body of Christ only; great care should be taken when exercising the option of Communion on the tongue;
- those who are unwell or at high risk must not attend (they might ask that Holy Communion be brought to them at home).
- as the 4m2 rule and prudential concerns will prevent many of the faithful attending, all but priests continue to be dispensed from the obligation of attending Sunday Mass; but those who are at low risk of infection and are able to do so are exhorted to take all reasonable steps to attend Weekly Sunday Mass
- the faithful who do not attend Sunday Mass should keep Sunday holy by setting aside some time for prayer at home, reading the Scriptures of the day, and/or watching Mass on television or online, asking God for the graces they would normally receive in Holy Communion (‘spiritual communion’); they might attend a weekday Mass where possible or pray before the Blessed Sacrament during the week.
Join us on Facebook and YouTube
Click on the links to like, follow and subscribe to our pages, for the latest updates, LIVE Streams and information about the Parish – our functions and events.
Parish Sacramental Programs for 2020 – Confirmation Cancelled
Please read the following Letter from our Parish Priest, regarding the cancellation of the Parish Confirmation Program for 2020, due to coronavirus. A program will be offered in 2021. Apologies for any disappointment that might be experienced.
About our Parish Priest- Fr James McCarthy
Fr James commenced service as the Parish Priest of Cronulla from 1 July 2019. He is delighted to have returned to Cronulla after 12 years.
Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney Safeguarding Online Training
The Safeguarding & Ministerial Integrity Office is pleased to announce Safeguarding Induction Training is now available online for workers and volunteers of the Parish Community and Youth Ministry workers and volunteers.
In order to access the online Safeguarding Induction Training, you will need to provide the Safeguarding Office with a few details to allow us to set up and online account for you. Within 48 hours of completing this online form you will receive an email with your username, password and a link that will take you directly to the training.
If you have any enquiries please contact the Safeguarding Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 9390 5811. The below link will enable you to register for Modules 1 and 2 that is recommended all volunteers to complete.
Parish Google Calendar
The Parish has recently developed a updated google calendar, which you can easily add to your own digital calendar. Simply click the + button on the calendar to add to your own device.